Re: Get oracle database to work over the LAN

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 16:41:07 GMT

Gaz wrote:

> Basically i have oracle on my computer and also another computer on my
> LAN has oracle on it. We want to set up a database on one computer so
> that both computers can edit and view it. Everything i try doesnt seem
> to work. Prob something little ive missed out
> Can anyone give me all the details on how to set up oracle over a
> network?
> We are both running WIndows XP??
> One machine has 8 personal edtion and the other 9i enterprise edition.
> Any information would be greatly appreciated
>
> CHEERS
>
> GAZ
Your description of what you have and what you wish to achieve is ambiguous.

You have not given even the briefest indication of whether the machines can see each other (PING) of whether you have configured tnsnames.ora, etc.

Nor have you provided any specific error messages that might help someone understand what is, and what is not, happening.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Nov 08 2002 - 17:41:07 CET

Original text of this message