Re: A better SQL*Plus -- what features should it have?

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_Triaton.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:27:26 +0100

Niall Litchfield wrote (and I quote)...

>In my book modifying login or glogin.sql *isn't* reliable because of the
>existence of the connect and conn commands. IMO having a prompt that could
>be misleading you is worse than having a prompt that doesn't tell you
>anything.

Hi Niall,

[Quoted] of course you're right. But you can handle this by creating a script called connect.sql. In this script you can do the things you have to to get a proper prompt. And then, every time you connect to a db, just issue _at_connect instead of connect. It's just one extra character. I love this trick. The exact procedure can be found in the 'bible' OneOnOne by Tom Kyte.

Greetings from Germany,
Guido