oracle8 client libraries for linux

From: Harald Lapp <h.lapp_at_biering.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:41:58 +0200

hello,

[Quoted] we've a license for an oracle8 database for windows NT. now i'm developing a php-script, which needs access to this database.

the php-script will be executed on a lamp server. i read that i need the 'oracle8 client libraries' for getting the php oci8 functions to work.

where can i get them (i've not found anything about this on the oracle website) and do we need to purchase an additional license for the linux client libraries?

regards
<-harald

--
harald lapp <software_developer />

mediahaus Biering                         Telefon: 089-32352-271
Freisinger Landstrasse 21                 Telefax: 089-32352-277
80939 München                             http://www.biering.de/