Re: insert one at a time

From: Alan Mills <Alan.Mills_at_nospamservices.fujitsu.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:34:40 -0000

You could put a call to COMMIT_FORM in all KEY triggers that will cause navigation from the current record.

Also (and I might be getting this wrong because it's been a couple of years) there is an odd ON trigger that can have restricted builtin in it whcih might help. Might be ON_NEW_ITEM_INSTANCE though so might not be that much use.

Alternatively. Disable keys that nafvigate to other records (awkward if you have mnore than one block) and define KEY_COMMIT to clear the block after committing it so you can only ever access a single record.

However, I would ask, what business rule do you have for only committing a single record? If we could understand the reasos a bit better we perhaps could give a better solution.

Alan