Re: Connecting to Oracle through ODBC over internal network

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:27:00 +0200

[Quoted] On 21 Oct 2002 08:05:36 -0700, nwahlberg_at_andera.com (Niklas Wahlberg) wrote:

>I tried downloading he latest drivers from
>Oracle, which I have had no luck with since there is no install, only
>.jar files. (How do I install these?)

By installing an Oracle client before installing the ODBC driver. The ODBC driver runs on top of an Oracle client, the Oracle client is not included anymore. And, yes, you need to download the full product to install a client.

Hth

[Quoted] Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Oct 21 2002 - 19:27:00 CEST

Original text of this message