Connecting to Oracle through ODBC over internal network

From: Niklas Wahlberg <nwahlberg_at_andera.com>
Date: 21 Oct 2002 08:05:36 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I appreciate you taking the time to read this post. I have been struggling with this issue now for about 3 days and I cannot seem to get this to work. Below you will find information on what I am trying to accomplish.

Background: I am trying to connect to an Oracle server (which lives on a Solaris box), through my machine (which is a Win2K pro box), through ODBC. First off this gives me an error when trying to connect (…system [Quoted] error 126(CR Oracle8)). I tried downloading he latest drivers from Oracle, which I have had no luck with since there is no install, only .jar files. (How do I install these?)

Goal: The goal of this whole exercise is to connect to the Oracle database mentioned above, through Crystal Reports 8. I need to run some reports on the data that lives on that DB.

I hope that someone is able to help me with this problem, and again I appreciate your time.

Thanks a bunch,
Niklas Wahlberg Received on Mon Oct 21 2002 - 17:05:36 CEST

Original text of this message