Re: Pro*C environment variables

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:12:31 GMT

Mike Coldewey wrote:

> The machine we use to develop and maintain Pro*C on recently got upgraded
> from Win NT 4.0 to Win XP. The Pro*C directories are still there, but when I
> try to run a batch file that invokes PROC.EXE, a message appears that the
> environment variables are not set, and inviting me to re-install. Does
> anyone know what the environment variables are that this program calls for?
> I've got the PATH variable set correctly, but it looks like it's looking for
> more than that.
>
> TIA,
> Mike

I suspect your issue is probably related to overwriting registry entries. Even with the environment variables it likely will fail ... just for a different reason. I would suggest reinstalling and telling whoever upgraded the machine to keep their hands off.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 17:12:31 CEST

Original text of this message