Re: changing blocks programatically in Forms

From: Joost Bataille <j.r.l.m.batailleREMOVETHIS_at_uva.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:49:49 +0200

Hello George.
"George Buckner" <synthesys_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3d927e85.85108719_at_news.mindspring.com...

> To get around this I am trying to do the queries in the background,
leaving
> the intermediate files out of the data block plan, then creating a query
> for the last file with set_block_property to change the "where" property.
> Then I go_block to the block and execute_query. This seems to be working
> fine except that every time it does the go_block it prompts to see if the
> user wants to save the changes (even though none have been made). The
> Forms manual has an example showing a succession of go_block and
> execute_query calls, but I haven't found a way to do it without bothering
> the user about updates.

[Quoted] I remember having the same problem and fixing it by setting system.form_status to 'QUERY' before executing the 'go_block'. Of course you can only do this if no changes have been made, otherwise you will lose then. I'd suggest you experiment with
IF :System.Block_Status = 'CHANGED'

   THEN Commit_Form;
END IF;
:system.block_status := 'QUERY';