changing blocks programatically in Forms

From: George Buckner <synthesys_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 03:27:07 GMT

Hello:

I have to bring in a record from file1 in data block1 which must link up, after a succession of joins through files which won't be on the screen. I've found that if I simply link them up through the data blocks, any file that doesnt have an appearance on a canvas will give a "cannot navigate here" message, and the linkages stop there. No further joins ensue as they should.

[Quoted] To get around this I am trying to do the queries in the background, leaving [Quoted] the intermediate files out of the data block plan, then creating a query for the last file with set_block_property to change the "where" property. Then I go_block to the block and execute_query. This seems to be working fine except that every time it does the go_block it prompts to see if the user wants to save the changes (even though none have been made). The Forms manual has an example showing a succession of go_block and execute_query calls, but I haven't found a way to do it without bothering the user about updates.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to do this?

Thanks.

George Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 05:27:07 CEST

Original text of this message