Re: which graphical tools to make query or modify data table? (like toad)

From: Karsten Farell <kfarrell_at_medimpact.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:35:29 GMT

We use a less expensive tool (compared to Toad) called "Golden" from Benthic Software. See them at http://www.benthicsoftware.com. Output appears in a spreadsheet format. Its SQL builder feature is not drag/drop like in MS Access, but double-clicking on a clause (eg, select, where, etc) adds it to the statement window. Double-clicking on a column adds it to the window. It can run SQL or PL/SQL (with a dbms_output window). It has some problems with involved SQL scripts. I can't remember all the features ... except it was cheap (important for a small company like the one I work for).

BTW, in case you wondered, I don't work for Benthic nor am I associated with them in any way.