Re: Iformation about ocupied data in the database

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:40:51 GMT

cava123_at_noos.fr wrote:

> Hi all,
> I need informations about the volume of data in my base and how the data are
> distributed in their assigned space
> (I mean only users data not system, sys)
> Suppose that I have DATA_1 (default TS for user scott tables) and INDEX_1
> (tablespace which scott create indexes).
>
> The purpose is to know how data is grow up in the database : For know I need
> to extract the informations in day 1 and apply the same sql script for (day
> + 15)
> Any help please
> Thank You
>
> Yhab Abiad
> yhab.abiad-sica_at_renault.com

SELECT table_name, column_name
FROM dba_tab_columns
WHERE column_name LIKE '%EXTENT%'
OR column_name LIKE '%BLOCK%'

OR column_name LIKE '%SEGMENT%'
OR column_name LIKE '%FILE%';

You will find what you need to proceed here. This is obviously a class project and you should figure out the details on your own.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Sep 18 2002 - 17:40:51 CEST

Original text of this message