Re: username and password for Oracle9i

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:50:35 GMT

Patrick de Jong wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have downloaded the Oracle9i developer suite for windows.
> Can anyone give me a valid username and password for using this great
> suite???
>
> I have installed it on windows 2000.
> Formbuilder does not work.
> Is this normally??Or is my configuration maybe not good???
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Greetz Patrick

Open the installation instructions file on the CD. Read it! Better late than never.

Now that I've said what I'm actually thinking out loud ...

  1. You should install developer suite before the database
  2. If you haven't you will need to change the default Oracle Home using Oracle's home selector or by modifying the registry
  3. Developer suite has no userids and passwords. The database has userids and passwords. You can not violate database security with any front-end tool.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue Aug 20 2002 - 17:50:35 CEST

Original text of this message