Re: Data input from stdin in PL/SQL possible?

From: Harri Kaukovuo <harri.kaukovuo4_at_nic.fi>
Date: 16 Aug 2002 05:13:13 GMT

Take a look at
http://otn.oracle.com/tech/webservices/htdocs/samples/dbwebservice/DBWebSer vices.html

this might have something you are looking for. This is an example of calling SOAP service from PL/SQL, via HTTP POST.

Also procedures:
UTL_HTTP.read_line
UTL_HTTP.read_raw

might be used to read the response body by wanted lines/binary chunks until the end of the stream.

  • Harri

Andreas Krämer Flecken <a.kraemer-flecken_at_fz-juelich.de> wrote in news:3D5BCC4D.3000900_at_fz-juelich.de:

> Hi All,
>
> I want to transfer data via HTTP-protocol to a PL/SQL-procedure. With
> the post-method I can handle only small amounts of data.
>
> For large data amounts I know that HTTP-protocol allows the put-method
> which sends the data - however I found no method to read the data within
> the called PL/SQL-procedure. I think it should be something like reading
> from stdin. Does anybody know about it?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andreas

Anti-spam: To reply by e-mail please ERASE the "4" after kaukovuo4