Re: Graphical Tool to Describe Database Contents

From: Scott Niese <nieses_at_nospamok.westfaro.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 23:51:51 -0400

Steve,

Kickstart is a powerful tool for DBAs and software developers. It lets you write scripts using a simple Basic like language to generate source code or database objects for any database schema. Kickstart also gives you an ERD tool that creates ERD diagrams that you can rearrange and print. Its schema viewing tools gives you different ways to view the structure of your database. Kickstart also lets you maintain information about a schema that is not stored in the schema itself. For example, you can designate columns to be currency or dates or date-times, or look-up display fields so your generated scripts can reflect that knowledge.

Kickstart comes with a comprehensive help file and a set of demonstration scripts. Support, screenshots, and a 30-day trial are available at www.westfaro.com.

Scott Niese
Westfaro Corporation
www.westfaro.com