Re: XP Compatability with Forms/Reports etc.

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 15:27:02 GMT

Peter SWEAD wrote:

> We want to upgrade to Forms/Reports 6i with Developer/Designer 2.1 but has
> anybody knowledge of compatibility between these and Win XP?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

XP stands for Xtra Problems and IDS 6i is no exception.

I am currently using it for one of my clients with XP and it is reasonably stable and works most of the time. But I have had weird things happen and, in at least one case, a corrupt form that I had to start building again from scratch.

My suggestion would be to go to 9i (why work with old technology) on Win2000. That way you get the newer product on the far more stable operating system.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Aug 09 2002 - 17:27:02 CEST

Original text of this message