Re: CDI-15002 Error: Could not process Synonym 'RETAIL_TRANSACTIONS'

From: Jusung Yang <jusungyang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Aug 2002 20:54:24 -0700

This looks to be a Designer-specific error. This DOC from Metalink may help, even though the error was due to sequence in this case?

Problem Description

You try to generate a sequence to the database, using the Oracle Designer Server
Generator. Generation fails with the following message:

     CDI-15002: Could not process sequence '<seq_name>' when creating sequences.

Solution Description

The problem indicates that the CG_CODE_CONTROLS table contains errors. The
CG_CODE_CONTROLS table is generated to keep track of the sequence generated.
This problem occurs only for code control sequences, because only these
sequences make use of the CG_CODE_CONTROLS table.

You can check if the sequence that causes the error is a code control sequence
by looking at the property 'Code Control?' in the property palette of the
sequence:

  1. Open the Design Editor.
  2. Open the Tab Server Model.
  3. Open the sequence node.
  4. Open the property palette for the sequence that gives the problem.
  5. Check the property 'Code Control?'. It will be set to 'Code Control Sequence'.

To investigate the CG_CODE_CONTROLS table:

  1. Connect to the schema in which the sequence is generated using SQL*Plus.
  2. Do:

      SQL> SELECT cc_domain FROM cg_code_controls;

3. You will find more than one entry with CC_DOMAIN = <sequence name>.

CG_CODE_CONTROLS should only have ONE record with CC_DOMAIN=<sequence name>.

Correct this by removing the duplicate record(s) and regenerating the sequence,
or, if it is possible, remove the CG_CODE_CONTROLS table and regenerate the
sequence.