CDI-15002 Error: Could not process Synonym 'RETAIL_TRANSACTIONS'

From: jhking <jhking_at_airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:00:22 -0500

[Quoted] I'm having a bit of trouble with Designer.

Designer 6.0 patch 7
Server Generator 6.0.3.10.0.
Client Windows 2000 sp 2, 256 mb ram.
Server 8.1.7.3.0 on Windows NT.

On some tables I get this error:
CDI-15002 Error: Could not process Synonym 'RETAIL_TRANSACTIONS' repeated 10's (in this case 51) times. I was attempting to generate the table retail_transactions.
Other tables generate just fine. I can work-around by generating to file and then applying the file, but I'd like to get this to work, because it seems to cause Designer to GPF if I do a bulk generate involving one of the tables where I get this error.

I can make the problem go away by dropping public synonyms on the table in the instance to which I'm compiling.
I've been through the help on 'synonyms' about every way I can think of, and nothing came up that seemed to apply.

Oracle's help for CDI-15002 is
CDI-15002 Could not process %1 '%2'

Cause:

The specified object breaks internal Server Generator rules and cannot be processed

Action:

Contact CASE support

Any thoughts or suggestions? Received on Wed Aug 07 2002 - 23:00:22 CEST

Original text of this message