Re: SQL*Net installation problem

From: Jan <janbrink001_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 17:11:17 +0200

"Ted Thomas" <tthomas_at_netacc.net> schreef in bericht news:3d25b73a$1_at_news.netacc.net...
> At the start of the installation of the SQL*Net portion of Personal Oracle
> 8.0.3.0.0 on a new PC running Windows 2000, an error message "Unable to
> delete NT service for the SQL*Net V2 Listener" occurrs and the
installation
> aborts. I could not find any information on this service (I checked the
> processes list, the services administrative tool, the Professional
Resource
> Kit manual, and fished around the registry).
>
> Someone had suggested earlier that the remainder of Personal Oracle would
> probably load if the SQL*Net portion was not included, which turned out to
> be the case. However, the database can't be accessed via ODBC without
> SQL*Net, which makes it rather useless. I have successfully installed this
> version of Oracle on other computers running Windows 2000, though I can't
> remember if Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 was installed before or after the
> Oracle installation.
>
> Can anyone tell me where the "NT service for the SQL*Net V2 Listener" is
> located (and under what name) and how to get around this problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ted Thomas

I had the same problem (with personal 7.3 btw). The problem did not occur when I installed on another machine without starter database. You can create the database later by hand, no problem with that.

good luck,
Jan Received on Sat Jul 06 2002 - 17:11:17 CEST

Original text of this message