SQL*Net installation problem

From: Ted Thomas <tthomas_at_netacc.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:13:31 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] At the start of the installation of the SQL*Net portion of Personal Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 on a new PC running Windows 2000, an error message "Unable to delete NT service for the SQL*Net V2 Listener" occurrs and the installation [Quoted] aborts. I could not find any information on this service (I checked the processes list, the services administrative tool, the Professional Resource [Quoted] Kit manual, and fished around the registry).

Someone had suggested earlier that the remainder of Personal Oracle would probably load if the SQL*Net portion was not included, which turned out to be the case. However, the database can't be accessed via ODBC without SQL*Net, which makes it rather useless. I have successfully installed this version of Oracle on other computers running Windows 2000, though I can't remember if Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 was installed before or after the Oracle installation.

Can anyone tell me where the "NT service for the SQL*Net V2 Listener" is located (and under what name) and how to get around this problem?

Thanks,

Ted Thomas Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 17:13:31 CEST

Original text of this message