can discover nodes but not databases

From: bgt0990 <btighe_at_neometrics.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:38:14 -0400

[Quoted] I'm running OEM 2.2 with 8.1.7.0 Oracle on a win 2000 box.

When I try to use OEM I can create a repository, and connect using sysman/oem_temp. When I "Discover Nodes" all I get is the node information. [Quoted] I can ping it and check the properties on it, it's fine. However, I do not discover any databases no matter what I've tried so the whole thing is useless.

Any clue why the agent would report the node without reporting the database?

[Quoted] The only clue I can give is that this used to work on this machine and at one point we lost a drive which necessitated restoring from a cold backup, When I reloaded Oracle on this machine I don't believe I asked it to put on [Quoted] the sample database (scott/tiger) but just loaded what I thought we needed. [Quoted] That was some time ago so I can't tell you what may have been different. I [Quoted] certainly loaded Enterprise Manager and I assume that would give you all the [Quoted] supporting modules.

Thanks
Barry Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 16:38:14 CEST

Original text of this message