Mapping java.io.InputStream to PL/SQL

From: Richard Krenek <rkrenek1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Jun 2002 13:50:49 -0700

I have a java class that I am loading into Oracle using jpub. Now I need to create a PL/SQL wrapper around it. From what I have read I will not be able to do what I want but I am hopeful. Below is my java code. I have wrapped it without errors by using 'LONG RAW' but when I use the procedure it expects a byte[] which is not a stream. Oh and using BLOBs or BFILEs are not an option.

Thanks,

Rich

import java.io.*;

public class TestStream {
  public static void writeFile(String name, InputStream in, String[] msg) {

    FileOutputStream out = null;
    try
    {

      out = new FileOutputStream("/some_directory/"+name, true);
      byte[] buffer = new byte[32000];
      int bytes_read = 0;
      while((bytes_read = in.read(buffer)) != -1) {
        out.write(buffer, 0, bytes_read);
      }
      out.flush();
      out.close();
      msg[0] = null;

}

    catch (Exception e) {
      msg[0] = "ERROR: "+e;
      try {out.close();} catch (Exception ignore) {}

}

  }