Reverse engineer Oracle 8.1.7 and recreate problems

From: Stefan Heckler <sheckler_at_psi.de>
Date: 22 May 2002 03:21:14 -0700

[Quoted] Hi all,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I try to reverse engineer an oracle 8.1.7 database with designer 6i [Quoted] and table to er retrofit tool. The reverse engineering workes quite fine, but the tables I regenerate from the ER model are not as expected: The table names are renamed to their plural name, indexes are generated, that I do not want. Is there any documented way to get exactly the same out, which was reverse engineered? I would like to maintain my data model as ER diagramm and regenerate the database with sequences, indexes, primary and foreign keys from the ER model.
But first it must work to reverse engineer an existing database and regenerate exactely the same database with exactly the same indexes (same names), which I did not succeed in so far. Has anybody already experience with this kind of stuff?
Any documentation hint very welcome
Thanks

Stefan Heckler, PSI AG (sheckler_at_psi.de) Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 12:21:14 CEST

Original text of this message