RMAN and switching HP-UX tape drives

From: Alex Ung <taung_at_alumni.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: 21 May 2002 23:18:29 -0700

Hi all,

[Quoted] I am running Oracle8i on HP-UX 11.0. When I use RMAN to back up a database, the 'sbt_tape' handle always points to the default tape drive of the server (/dev/rmt/0m). Is there some command in RMAN I can use to tell it to switch to another tape drive (like /dev/rmt/1m) instead?

With Oracle-OmniBack II integration, the script created looks like this:

run {
allocate channel 'dev_1' type 'sbt_tape' parms 'ENV=(OB2BARTYPE=Oracle8,OB2APPNAME=TEST1,OB2BARLIST=bk_TEST1_online)'; backup incremental level <incr_level> filesperset 1 format 'bk_TEST1_online<TEST1_%s:%t>.dbf' database
;
}

The tape drive isn't stated anywhere in the command.

Oracle says its a HP MML issue, but I can't find a solution in any OmniBack documentation. Does anyone know how to solve this problem??

Thanks in advance,
Alex
taung_at_phbsvr.po.my Received on Wed May 22 2002 - 08:18:29 CEST

Original text of this message