hierarchical tree problem (join)

From: The Black Unicorn <tbu_at_pandora.be>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:05:13 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] I'm having a problem with a hierarchical tree item that I want to use for a school project. I'm fairly new at Developer and can't solve this one.

I have two tables :
resdata :
DATA_ID, NAME, DESCRIPTION
resdatalink :
PARENT_ID, CHILD_ID Any DATA_ID can have more than one entry in the resdatalink table, so just adding a parent field in resdata is not an option. What I want is to create a hierarchical tree from an outer join of resdata and resdatalink.

Unfortunately, hierarchical queries don't allow for joins. Working through a view doesn't work either. I've tried to work with record groups : create one group containing the joined tables, and then one with the hierarchical query. However, I haven't found out how to query a record group in Developer.

Can anyone help me with this one, I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Davy Herben Received on Fri May 10 2002 - 12:05:13 CEST

Original text of this message