Re: Oracle tar file error

From: Sander <sander_at_example.com>
Date: 08 Apr 2002 21:53:24 GMT

Ron G <rgigun_at_sprynet.com> wrote in news:3CB077B2.3137_at_sprynet.com:

> I've downloaded the Oracle 8i for Linux (Intel) from
> www.oracle.com, and tried to tar xvf it on a Solris 8 server
> that's also Intel based (the Solaris Sparc version doesn't work on
> it). I get a "directory checksum error". I tried downloading it
> again with the same results. Could that be related to the fact
> that it is not opened on a Linux server? If so,does anyone know of
> a way to install Oracle database on a Solaris Intel server? Any
> input would be appreciated.

Solaris tar is different from Linux tar. That could be a problem.

You definitely cannot run this software on Intel Solaris - you could try to use the Solaris tools to run Linux software but I doubt you can get it to work. You need a specific version for Intel Solaris - ask Oracle for it. Not all versions are downloadable for all platforms.

Sander Received on Mon Apr 08 2002 - 23:53:24 CEST

Original text of this message