creating text versions of .fmb files

From: Jeff Greuel <jgreuel_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:25:16 -0500

[Quoted] I've recently moved jobs from working with Developer 2000 with Forms 4.5 [Quoted] (Win 98 against Oracle 8i/UNIX 11.0) to Developer 6.0 (Win2000Pro against [Quoted] Orcale8i/Unix 11.0).

Two questions.....

  1. With 4.5 my .fmt files were ASCII files that were text-searchable and as [Quoted] [Quoted] such I could easily do 'diffs' from generation to generation (using MKS Source Integrity or any number of diff utilities) to track changes.

Is it in fact the case that .fmt files under Dev6.0 maintain the code of triggers and program units in some non-ascii format (okay ascii but numeric strings)?

[Quoted] 2) Under 4.5 I also used the Forms Doc option to create .txt versions of forms that were also handy for doing searches on, I know this has been replaced with the Reports Doc option in Dev6.0 and for the most part it does [Quoted] work, however I seem to get certain .fmbs that crash when the .txt file hits [Quoted] the following sizes 16kb (16384 bytes), 32kb (32768 bytes), 500kb (512000 [Quoted] bytes). Some files are created that exceed these sizes but it seems odd that [Quoted] these are dying at milestone byte sizes.

The .txt files are created they just end in mid-line.

Anyone seen this before?

Jeff Received on Fri Mar 22 2002 - 16:25:16 CET

Original text of this message