Re: Oracle 8i performance probs

From: Micos Attile <micosat_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 07:23:42 +0000 (UTC)

You dont mention what type of system you are running but try the following:

Rn TOP to determine where oracle is waiting (do you have enough RAM or is it swapping). Is it waiting on io? If you have enough RAM have you configured oracle to use this memory.

Check how much memory is allocated to the sort table. This can effect searches.

Check the size of your redo logs. Check if you need to use the redo logs for all your tables.