Moving from Oracle 8 OPS on Numa to 9i on AIX (non OPS)

From: Denny Dutcavich <dut_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:31:47 -0500

I am working with a company that wants to move from 8.0.5 with OPS on Numa to a single instance of 9i on AIX. Its a fairly vanilla database, mostly data, some PL/SQL and the app was written in Forms. Are there any issues with this move? Since 9i isn't supported on Numa, we need to build the 9i database on AIX, install the PL/SQL, move the data and adjust the initora (including removing the OPS parameters). Does this sound reasonable??? Thanks.... Received on Sun Mar 17 2002 - 01:31:47 CET

Original text of this message