PLSQL Library question in Forms 6i

From: Pieter J.D. Huiberts <phuiberts_at_ivwnet.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:32:26 -0500

Hello,
[Quoted] I have procedure that I would like to put in a PLSQL library so I can re-use it. My problem is tha twhen I put in the library and attache it to the form I can not use it any more, or better I do not seem to call it properly.
set_up_list(name_in(':block4.months'),name_in('record_months'));

What ever I try, I get and error Unable to resolve reference to item record_month (that is the name of my record group)

Below I listed the procedure. It is a working procedure when you make it a regular program unit and call set_up_lit('block.item','record_group')

Any thoughts on what is going wrong here?

Thanks,
Piet

Procedure
PROCEDURE SET_UP_LIST (pList IN VARCHAR2, pGroup IN VARCHAR2) IS /*
This Procedure will will clear the list and populate it with values from the Database.

set_up_list('block.item','record_group');

*/

     vErrFlag    NUMBER := 0;
     eListPopulationProblem EXCEPTION;

BEGIN
     vErrFlag := populate_group(pGroup);
     if vErrFlag = 0 then
         clear_list(pList); -- remove anything already there
         populate_list(pList, pgroup);
     elsif vErrFlag = 1403 then -- no list elements found
         null; -- do nothing and ignore the porblem
     else
         raise eListPopulationProblem;
     end if;

EXCEPTION
         WHEN OTHERS THEN
             message('Exception: Could not populate ' || pList
                             || ' with query in group '||pGroup|| '.');
END; Received on Sat Mar 16 2002 - 04:32:26 CET

Original text of this message