DIARY install designer developer server on one PC

From: Erhard Glueck <erhard_glueck_austria_at_no.spam.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:24:36 +0100

Training Oracle8
Experience of Installation on PC with 256 MB
OS: Win2000 Professional German with Service Pack 2
Client and Server on the same machine
Used products:
  • Oracle Designer 6i Version 6.5.52.1.0 (from CD, because download link failed)
    (today, 2002-03-12, available: des6ir411.zip (251,078 kb) - Designer 6i Release
    4.1.1 (a full, patch release for Designer 6i Release 4)
    http://download.oracle.com/otn/nt/designer/des6ir411.zip)
  • Developer 6irel2nt.exe downloaded from http://download.oracle.com/
    with
    Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.11.3
    Report Builder 6.0.8.11.3
  • Server: Personal Oracle8i Release 8.1.7.0.0 (from CD)
Order of installing:
  1. Install Designer
  2. Install Developer
  3. Install server

Very important, because it would be a late frustration:
Reinstall Server with same SID was not possible,
 because the Enum in Registry could not be deleted
 ( e.g.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ORACLESERVICEZ
AGLE]
   whereby ZAGLE is the SID
 )
At the end there are three ORACLE-HOMES, whereby on my system:
for Designer and Developer
D:\oracle\oraDev6i
for Import and Export Tools of Designer
D:\oracle\des_817
for Server
D:\oracle\ora81 for server
While installing Designer some message boxes are to notice

While installing Developer, asking for Forms Server Parameters, I let it as suggested:
Forms Server Port   9000
Protocol            Sockets

but further it fails for me, to test a Form using "Run a Form on the Web"
?
if someone has a comment - thank you !
While installing Developer, asking for Reports Server Parameters, I keyed for
Reports Server TNS Name: Rep60_GLEW2K-OraHomeDev6i

and let it as suggested

Port   1949

but as result in D:\oracle\oraDev6i\NET80\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora was written
REP60_GLEW2K-ORAHOMEDEV6I = Rep60_GLEW2K-OraHomeDev6i
?
if someone has a comment - thank you !
Installing the server Personal Oracle8i, I chose "Standard (778 MB)"
  for "GLOBAL DATABASE NAME" or SID I keyed in   ZAGLE

After installing the server I tested the system with sqlplus, whereby my desktop icon has the link property:
%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /k D:\oracle\ora81\bin\sqlplus scott/tiger
Testing the Forms Builder D:\oracle\oraDev6i\BIN\ifbld60.EXE , it was not possible to connect to the installed database, so I modified the files
D:\oracle\ora81\network\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora
D:\oracle\oraDev6i\NET80\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora
and inserted for my system whereby
      • Connection String = ORAGLE
      • Computer Name = GLEW2K
      • SID = ZAGLE
ORAGLE =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = GLEW2K)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVICE_NAME = ZAGLE)
    )
  )
After insertions the test of Forms Builder was successful and I could connect with
User Name: scott
Password: tiger
Database:  ORAGLE
To use the designer I read in the start menu folder "Oracle Repository 6i Doc" the html pages referenced by the link "Installation Guide" and followed the chapter "Server-side installation, migration and upgrade"

Install the repository
At Step 5 - Create tablespaces for the repository tables and indexes, I wrote the scripts CR_TS_SUB.sql and
CR_TABLESPACE_DES.sql .

If someone want to use them, both text can be extracted in the same
directory, the dirspec entry is to edit and  CR_TABLESPACE_DES.sql can be
started..
CR_TS_SUB.sql:
REM SUB for SERVERSIDE INSTALLATION of DESIGNER
REM
DEF tbs_name = &1
DEF nnk = &2
REM size nnk
REM
DEF filespec = &dirspec|&tbs_name|&filextspec
create tablespace &&tbs_name datafile '&&filespec' size &&nnk
default storage (initial &&nnnk next &&nnnk minextents 1
maxextents unlimited pctincrease 0);
REM
CR_TABLESPACE_DES.sql:
REM SERVERSIDE INSTALLATION of DESIGNER
REM Create tablespaces for the repository tables and indexes
REM
REM run as SYS/change_on_install
REM
VAR tbs_name VARCHAR2(100)
VAR dirspec VARCHAR2(100)
VAR filespec VARCHAR2(500)
VAR filextspec VARCHAR2(20)
VAR nnk VARCHAR2(10)
VAR nnnk VARCHAR2(10)
SET CONC |
set ver off
REM
DEF nnnk = 200k
REM initial nnnk next nnnk minextents
DEF dirspec = D:\oracle\oradata\ZAGLE\DES_
DEF filextspec = .DBF
REM
REM DEF tbs_name = CONSTANT_GROW_INDEXES
REM DEF nnk = 1440k
REM size nnk
_at__at_CR_TS_SUB.sql CONSTANT_GROW_INDEXES 1440k
_at_@CR_TS_SUB.sql CONSTANT_GROW_TABLES 4440k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql DEPENDENCY_INDEXES 2280k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql DEPENDENCY_TABLES 2280k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql CONSTANT_GROW_INDEXES 1440k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql CONSTANT_GROW_TABLES 4440k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql DEPENDENCY_INDEXES 2280k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql DEPENDENCY_TABLES 2280k
_at_@CR_TS_SUB.sql DIAGRAM_INDEXES 480k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql DIAGRAM_TABLES 660k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql LOB_DATA 500k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql RAPID_GROW_INDEXES 117600k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql RAPID_GROW_TABLES 117600k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql SYSTEM_META_INDEXES 13200k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql SYSTEM_META_TABLES 18000k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql TEMPORARY_INDEXES 7200k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql TEMPORARY_TABLES 12000k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql VERSION_INDEXES 3600k
@@CR_TS_SUB.sql VERSION_TABLES 5400k
UNDEF tbs_name dirspec filespec filextspec nnk nnnk
UNDEF 1 2
To increase the size of the temporary tablespaces, see
CR_ALTER_TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE.sql:
REM SERVERSIDE INSTALLATION of DESIGNER
REM ALTER TEMPORARY TABLESPACE if
REM select tablespace_name, next_extent
REM     from   dba_tablespaces
REM     where  contents = 'TEMPORARY'
REM     and    next_extent < 262144;
REM
REM run as SYS/change_on_install
REM
alter tablespace TEMP default storage(next 256K);
For creating the rollback tablespaces CR_ROLLBACK_TABLESPACE.sql is useful:

REM SERVERSIDE INSTALLATION of DESIGNER
REM CREATE ROLLBACK TABLESPACE
REM
REM run as SYS/change_on_install
REM
create tablespace DESROLLBACK datafile 'D:\oracle\oradata\ZAGLE\DES_ROLLBACK.DBF' size 10m;
create rollback segment DESRBS tablespace DESROLLBACK storage
(initial 1m next 1m minextents 3 optimal 4m);
alter rollback segment DESRBS online;
For taking the non system rollback tablespaces offline, I start CR_ALTER_NON_SYSTEM_ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS.sql:
alter rollback segment RBS0 OFFLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS1 OFFLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS2 OFFLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS3 OFFLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS4 OFFLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS5 OFFLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS6 OFFLINE;
I created the repository administrator user 'DESI' with his own temporary
tablespace by starting the script CR_REPOS_OWNER.sql:
REM SERVERSIDE INSTALLATION of DESIGNER
REM CREATE OWNERS TEMP TABLESPACE
REM CREATE Repositiory Owner
REM
REM run as SYS/change_on_install
REM
create tablespace DESTEMP_REPOS_OWNER datafile 'D:\oracle\oradata\ZAGLE\DES_TEMPREPOSOWNER.DBF'
size 4500k temporary;
create user DESI identified by DESI
default tablespace RAPID_GROW_TABLES temporary tablespace DESTEMP_REPOS_OWNER;
CR_GRANTS_OWNER.sql gives the user 'DESI', the repository administrator all
necessary rights:
REM SERVERSIDE INSTALLATION of DESIGNER
REM CREATE GRANTS to REPOSITORY-OWNER
REM
REM run as SYS/change_on_install
REM
REM Create ROLE CK_ORACLE_REPOS_OWNER
_at_D:\oracle\oraDev6i\REPADM61\UTL\CKROROLE.SQL
REM
grant execute on dbms_lock to DESI;
grant execute on dbms_pipe to DESI;
grant create table to DESI;
grant create view to DESI;
grant create procedure to DESI;
grant create synonym to DESI;
grant create sequence to DESI;
grant select on sys.v_$nls_parameters to DESI with grant option;
grant select on sys.v_$parameter to DESI;
grant select on dba_rollback_segs to DESI;
grant select on dba_segments to DESI;
grant create any synonym to DESI;
grant drop any synonym to DESI;
grant create public synonym to DESI;
grant drop public synonym to DESI;
grant CK_ORACLE_REPOS_OWNER to DESI;
grant connect, resource to DESI;

Script to run the previous mentioned at once, if extracted in the same directory:
_at__at_CR_TABLESPACE_DES.sql
@@CR_ALTER_TEMPORARY_TABLESPACE.sql
@@CR_ROLLBACK_TABLESPACE.sql
@@CR_REPOS_OWNER.sql
@@CR_GRANTS_OWNER.sql
For taking the non system rollback tablespaces online again, I start CR_ALT_RB_OL.sql:
alter rollback segment RBS0 ONLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS1 ONLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS2 ONLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS3 ONLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS4 ONLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS5 ONLINE;
alter rollback segment RBS6 ONLINE;
The user EXPERT, as which the Oracle Designer 6i Tutorial wil be examined, can be created with CR_USER_EXPERT.sql:
REM Create User Expert
REM
REM run as SYS/change_on_install
REM
create tablespace DATA_EXPERT datafile 'D:\oracle\oradata\ZAGLE\DES_DATA_EXPERT.DBF'
size 12000k
default storage (initial 200k next 200k minextents 1
maxextents unlimited pctincrease 0);
REM
create tablespace TEMP_EXPERT datafile 'D:\oracle\oradata\ZAGLE\DES_TEMP_EXPERT.DBF'
size 12000k
default storage (initial 200k next 200k minextents 1
maxextents unlimited pctincrease 0);
REM
CREATE USER EXPERT identified by EXPERT
default tablespace DATA_EXPERT temporary tablespace TEMP_EXPERT;
grant connect, resource to EXPERT;
REM
grant create table to EXPERT;
grant create view to EXPERT;
grant create procedure to EXPERT;
grant create synonym to EXPERT;
grant create sequence to EXPERT;
grant select on dba_rollback_segs to EXPERT;
grant select on dba_segments to EXPERT;
The target was to run the Oracle Designer 6i Tutorial,
so I read the html pages referenced by the link in start menu "Oracle Designer Tutorial". In Appendix A "Tutorial installation notes"
After I was able to examine the tutorial lessons 1 to 9. For lesson 10, Generate a Web Application, I need some tips.

Good ideas wishes
Erhard Glueck

erhard_glueck_austria_at_hotmail.com
Bruneckergasse 16/8