Re: Forms 4.5 and the eurosign...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 5 Mar 2002 05:49:27 -0800

"Mau" <mau_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<a60aik$j0l$1_at_scavenger.euro.net>...
> I installed and upgraded several databases from 7.3.4.5 to 8.1.7.3.
> Also I changed the characterset from WE8ISO8859P1 to .... P15 because I want
> the possibility to use the €-sign. (eurosign).
> All our Forms4.5 applications (Windowsclients 95/98 and 2000) have
> field-properties based on "fixedsys" fonts (some on Sans Serife) and we are
> able to create special characters like é,â, ñ, ç etc... but there's no way
> to put the € in a field. The fonttype is not able to.
> Microsoft can not give a solution and I know it's a bit ambigue to post
> here, but is anyone familiar with this problem and solved it too?
> I'd be pleased.
>
> Tnx in advance.

The EU government leaders decided to replace the EMS by a single currency in 1992. That's about when Forms 4.5 hit the market. They decided to call it Euro and to introduce the € sign many years later, probably at the same time Forms 4.5 got desupported. The P15 characterset was introduced quite recently. Your solution is called ... upgrade to something recent.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
still not accustomed to our new Mickey Mouse money. Received on Tue Mar 05 2002 - 14:49:27 CET

Original text of this message