Oracle Mapviewer release 2

From: BarBaar <beurdy_at_priest.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2002 03:41:42 -0800

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the mapviewer with a Oracle 9.01 datbase.

I installed the client on my local machine, and the database runs on a remote machine. I also succesfully deployed the mapviewer.ear file (at least, that's what I think). And I'm very sure J2ee works (becuase http://localhost:8888 returns a webpage)

I also editted the default-web-site.xml and the server.xml pages (it's required to deploy the .ear file).

But when I try to acces the mapviewer testpage (http://localhost:8888/mapviewer/servlet/oms), I get a error 500 (internal server error) that says "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/xml/util/XMLException".

That's no good... So I quess I miss a package. As you might have noticed, I'm not very familliar with Oracle, so i've got no idea what I might be missing. All I know is the there is no /oracle/xml dir on my local machine, and there is no /oracle/xml/util dir on the database machine...

Can anybody help me futher with this? Is there a way to find out which packages I might be missing? The users guide tells me i need this software:
-JDK 1.2 (i'm sure i've got it)
-JSDK 2.0 (got it also)
-SDOVIS (don't know, I guess it's on the database machine)
-Oracle XML Parser v2 (got it)
-Apache Jserv( got it)
-Oracle Bali and Cabo compontents (no idea if I've got it)
-Oracle Spatial (I guess this on is on the database machine also)
-Oracle Client (got it!)
-Oracle JDBC drivers (got it)

Or is there another .xml file I nedd to edit, becuase I work with a remote database (I tried datasources.xml, but it didn't help)

Thanks! Received on Tue Feb 26 2002 - 12:41:42 CET

Original text of this message