Re: Oracle Forms: How to specify database in ifrun60.exe?

From: Waleed Mohammad Nasser <wldnsr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2002 17:35:45 -0800

"Ben Smith" <ben-smith_at_REMOVETHIS.charter.net> wrote in message news:<u78b6a8cs2g219_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> Hello:
>
> Is there a way to specify the database name in my shortcut to ifrun60.exe?
> I know of the autologon syntax, but that's not what I'd like to do.
>
> I'd like to have the users just key in their user/pass. (They've been
> typing in the database name manually in the mean time).
>
> TIA,
>
> Ben

I think that one of the simplest methods to do this is to add a new 'string value' in the registry. The name of this key is 'Local'. You add it under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE. Then you write the host string of database name as the value of this key. (Of course you know that the host string is the name used in tnsnames.ora) I always use this method whenever I don't want the user to write the db name by himself.

Waleed. Received on Mon Feb 25 2002 - 02:35:45 CET

Original text of this message