Setting permission based on column

From: Stjepan Brbot <Stjepan.Brbot_at_ZG.HiNet.HR>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:01:19 +0100

[Quoted] [Quoted] Since there's no possibility to grant/revoke permission on column basis, [Quoted] [Quoted] I'm thinking about trigger that could help in setting some kind of [Quoted] security checking if user is allowed to insert value in column of table. [Quoted] I.e. I have table with columns A,B,C and want only user with role "ABC_ROLE" to have the ability (from Oracle Forms app) to insert/update [Quoted] value in column B. This trigger should be raised before real inserting new row but don't know how to check if user has ABC_ROLE? Finally, need [Quoted] yours ideas, how should this trigger look like?
--

Stjepan Brbot <Stjepan.Brbot_at_ZG.HiNet.HR>