REPOST: Re: Oracle Workflow

From: Sebastiano Pilla <etechweb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:21:31 +0100

Kekko <dini.f_at_adr.it> wrote:

> I read some documentation about it and I noted that it requires
> Oracle WebDb, Oracle Web Application Server or Oracle Application
> Server. So it's necessary to install all these products before. Finally:
> for a middle enterprise how much big must the database be to run well
> all these applications?

I think that this requirement is stated in the documentation because some client components of Oracle Workflow require the PL/SQL Apache module to serve web pages with status informations about the Workflow processes. I haven't personally tried, but I would be interested to know if these pages could be served from the stock Apache installation with only the PL/SQL module added.

Another thing: we encountered an *incredible* amount of troubles trying to install Workflow 2.6.2 on a 8.1.7 Standard Edition instance on Windows 2000: nothing would work until we installed a 100MB, scary-looking patch, only to discover that to make the Notification Mail work as well we'd need to install, oh, about 3 or 4 other patches. Problem is, at least one of these other patches was so flawed that its installation could never be completed successfully. After 2 days of frustration, I speculated that Oracle Workflow is *not* tested as thoroughly on Standard Edition as it is on Enterprise Edition: keep this in mind if your project runs on 8.1.7 SE.

I hope that those issues are resolved with 9i.

Sebastiano Pilla

  • WAS CANCELLED BY =======: From: etechweb_at_yahoo.com (Sebastiano Pilla) Control: cancel <1f6o306.15v9440l46vz8N%etechweb_at_yahoo.com> Subject: cmsg cancel <1f6o306.15v9440l46vz8N%etechweb_at_yahoo.com> Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:13:53 GMT Message-ID: <cancel.1f6o306.15v9440l46vz8N%etechweb_at_yahoo.com> X-No-Archive: yes Newsgroups: microsoft.test,alt.flame.niggers,comp.databases.oracle.tools NNTP-Posting-Host: w088.z064003087.lax-ca.dsl.cnc.net 64.3.87.88 Lines: 1 Path: news.uni-stuttgart.de!dns.phoenix-ag.de!news.csl-gmbh.net!news-x2.support.nl!news.stealth.net!msrtrans1!msrnewsc1!cppssbbsa01.microsoft.com!tkmsftngp01!tkmsftngp04!u&n&a&c&anceller Xref: news.uni-stuttgart.de control:40718336

This message was cancelled from within The Unacanceller's glorious new software, Lotus 1-2-3 For Rogue Cancellers. Received on Sun Jan 27 2002 - 17:21:31 CET

Original text of this message