Re: 9i Database - AS9i installation problem

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:59:14 +0100

Nicolas Stern wrote:

> Dear Zeljko
>
> We found that in some older produces, the problem was caused by the
> installer of the older product, which does not support multiple Homes.
>
> In the paste, we solved similar installation problems that way:
>
> - install the older product first, then the 9iAS in a separate home
> or
> - install the older product by using the installer of the newer product.
>
> Never tried this with Developer 1.3.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Nicolas Stern

In general: good advice, but you cannot install Dev 1.3 with the Universal
Installer (it's simply not that universal...). Beware of the Y2K bug in the Dev installer - you *need* V3.3.1 or better for the NT installer.
Whe in doubt: use different homes for all products - doesn't harm

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel