Re: Oracle problems.

From: Tim Llewellyn <tim.llewellyn_at_cableinet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 15:26:17 GMT

"Leigh G. Bowden" wrote:

> We have an AlphaServer 2100 4/200 with two CPU's and 1GB of memory and
> plenty of disks - all shadowed. As far as I am aware it is using Oracle
> 7.1.5 on OpenVMS 6.2 AXP.
>
> It appears to be unreliable. After about three weeks this system will lock
> up and the console will report "Insufficient memory for operation" type
> errors and will allow nobody to logon even at the console. The only way to
> get out of this to power cycle it.

what is the exact error message? Are you sure its not pagefile space rather than memory that it is complaining about?

The error message should be in the operator.log.

regards

> Has anybody experienced this before and got any suggestions for a fix??

tell us exactly what the problem is and someone may be able to help

--
Tim.Llewellyn_at_cableinet.co.uk

Standard disclaimer applies. My views in no way represent those of
my employers or service provider.