Data in TEMP tablespace is never cleared

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 00:09:33 +0100

Hello

[Quoted] I encountered a problem with a DB I manage, when a collegue tried to setup snapshots of certain data. Every time he updated the materialized views, the capacity of the TEMP tablespace would grow and would not be cleared after the job was done, and after repeating this operation several times, the tablespace gets completely full (16 GB) and operations fail.

The only way that we could get rid of data left on the TEMP tablespace was restarting the DB. So we have been restarting the dB once a week or so, but hey, there seems to be something wrong here. As far as I know, TEMP is used by Oracle for volatile data, so if the transactions are finished, TEMP should stay clean.

What should I do, what is the trick? Is there something to take a look at to investigate? Of course, this tablespace is of temporary kind.

Thanks a lot,

Rick Received on Thu Dec 06 2001 - 00:09:33 CET

Original text of this message