Re: Disable update on record in multirecord block

From: Joost Bataille <j.r.l.m.batailleREMOVETHIS_at_uva.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:50:22 +0100

"Paul de Jong" <paulde_jong_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:f8250707.0111120434.2286106f_at_posting.google.com...
> I hope anybody can help me out.
> Is it possible to disable a record in Forms?
> Because I want to make it possible that in a multi-record block under
> a certain condition a record is not accessible or updateable.
>
> Is there some syntax like: SET_RECORD_PROPERTY(GET_BLOCK_PROPERTY('MY
> BLOCK',CURRENT_RECORD), 'MY BLOCK', updateable ,PROPERTY_FALSE);

I'd use the when_new_record_instance trigger, it fires when the input focus changes from a record to another.
Since you only want to change the properties of a certain record - not of all records in the block - you have to use the built-in 'set_item_instance_property' and not 'set_item_property' or 'set_block_property' to change the 'update_allowed' property. Also you cannot modify the update_allowed property of a _record_ so you have to set this property for all the _items_ in the record/block. Have a look at the online help.

Hope this helps, regards, Joost

--
Joost Bataille
University of Amsterdam