Re: Forms6 ove WAN

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 14:18:49 +0000

Richard Platt (NTL) wrote:

> Can anybody give any important tips on running Forms6 (Net8) over a WAN
> link, the speed seems to be dreadful. Only protocol used is TCP/IP.
>
> Link is 64k, and Oracle seems to imply problem is always at the low level
> network communications layer.
>
> Is there something I should be telling the comms people to set on the
> routers.
>
> Richard Platt

For such a network, an application really needs to be architected from phase 1 for such a restriction. I've seen Forms run fine over WAN's - but the apps were built with that in mind - thus very aggressive usage of PL/SQL on the database, very small query result sets the norm, minimal validation triggers that visit the db etc etc

hth
connor

--
Connor McDonald