BC4J Application running on Websphere?

From: Laura <ivy_chu_at_yna.com.hk>
Date: 18 Oct 2001 04:00:43 -0700

Hi all,

I have successfully developed a three-tier application by using BC4J objects through JDeveloper3.2 on Oracle 8IAS and Oracle 8i Database.

And now I would like to try whether it is feasible to change application server from Oracle 8IAS to IBM Websphere Application Server 3.5.

Throughout testing period, I found some problems as below:

I have created a very simple business component JSP application through JDeveloper 3.2. It is connected to DB2 Database using 'Sun JDBC-ODBC Bridge' JDBC Driver. It works fine in JDeveloper.

However, when I deployed it to Websphere application server by loading DB2 native driver directly with the above coding, I got the following error:

Error Message JBO-30003: The application pool, test_package1_AppModule, failed to checkout an application module instance.

Error Message: Cannot instantiate class: oracle.jbo.common.JboInitialContextFactory

Thus, I chase back the code... and found the function call 'initialize()' failed (attached the JSP content for your reference)

By considering the above error, I guess it should be a CONNECTION problem. Thus, I have tried to install and load the DB2

Application native driver in JDeveloper. However, it failed to be installed with the following data inputted and error message:

db2java.zip is added into the library already.

Data inputted in CONNECTION setting of my JDeveloper project: Select a JDBC Driver: Other JDBC
Class Name: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.ap.DB2Driver Datasource URL: <No matter what I typed, same error message>

The error message popped up:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db2jdbc in java.library.path

I now have no idea. Does anyone have this experience before? Or is my proposed solution feasible? Please give me advice.

I'm looking forward to your reply. :>

Best Regards,
Laura

********************************************************************************<%_at_
page language = "java" errorPage="errorpage.jsp" import = "java.util.*, oracle.jbo.*, javax.naming.*,

oracle.jdeveloper.html.*, oracle.jbo.html.databeans.*" contentType="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" %>

<%

	// make sure the application is registered
	oracle.jbo.html.jsp.JSPApplicationRegistry.registerApplicationFromPropertyFile(session
, "test_package1_AppModule");
%>
<head>
<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="Oracle JDeveloper">
<LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="/webapp/css/oracle.css">
</head>

<center><h2>WeekrateView</h2></center>
<jsp:useBean class="oracle.jbo.html.databeans.NavigatorBar" id="tb"  scope="request" >
<%

 tb.setTargetUrl("WeekrateView.jsp");
tb.initialize(application,session,
request,response,out,"test_package1_AppModule.WeekrateView"); String sImageBase = "/webapp/images";

 tb.setImageDir(sImageBase);
 tb.addButton(tb.NAVIGATE_FINDFORM , "WeekrateView_Query.jsp");
 tb.addButton(tb.NAVIGATE_BROWSE , "WeekrateView_Browse.jsp");
 tb.addButton(tb.NAVIGATE_INSERT , "WeekrateView_Insert.jsp");
 tb.addButton(tb.NAVIGATE_EDIT , "WeekrateView_Edit.jsp");
 tb.render();

%>
</jsp:useBean>
<jsp:useBean id="RowViewer"

class="oracle.jbo.html.databeans.ViewCurrentRecord" scope="request">
<%

        RowViewer.initialize(pageContext,
"test_package1_AppModule.WeekrateView");

	RowViewer.setReleaseApplicationResources(true);
	RowViewer.render();

%>
</jsp:useBean>