Re: Re:UserName and Password for Oracle

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pl>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:05:14 +0200

Użytkownik "Fang Susan" <FangS_at_BWSC.ORG> napisał w wiadomości news:4C519CCC638BD411A4270000F8CD1D82249D84_at_NTSV2...
> I installed on my own PC. It is not server.

Even if u installed on stand alone PC u still need to install Oracle Server software. (unless u installed any presonal version of Oracle server already).
Please install Oracle Server and then try to connect to database. You can check your services in Control Panel and search for Oracle services. You might as well search for init.ora file on your hard drive. If u won't find u have no database installed.
(it may be init<SID>.ora).
There should be <ORACLE_HOME>/database directory as well. ( C:\ORANT\DATABASE )

Noel

PS.
TNS-xxxxx errors may suggest there are no listener service on your PC. (You don't need listener on stand alone PC anyway, u can use localhost). Received on Thu Oct 18 2001 - 13:05:14 CEST

Original text of this message