Oracle Forms Upgrade, Menus and SCCS

From: Kevin Fairhurst <redvers_at_fnarr.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2001 04:25:02 -0700

Hello,

We are in the process of upgrading from Forms 4.5 to 6. However, as all of our forms have SCCS version control tags within the PL/SQL blocks, we had the problem with the new format .FMT files and encoded PL/SQL. The way around this we discovered was to use parameters which default to the SCCS tag values, and to reference these parameters from within the code instead of the SCCS tags themselves. This seems to work for everything except menus!

We had some SCCS tags in the menu startup code, so instead I have added a parameter to the menu and referenced NAME_IN('parameter.SCCS_VERSION_INFO') instead - however, this just accesses the parameter from the form which runs the menu as opposed to the menu's own parameters.

Does anyone know how to reference the parameters I've added at the menu level? I've tried searching the help files, which were of no help. Or is there another way to store the SCCS tags within the module? As with forms, PL/SQL code is encoded in .MMT files, and thus we can't just leave things as they are :(

Thanks,

Kev Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 13:25:02 CEST

Original text of this message