Re: current oracle_sid

From: Rajiv Gangadharan <rajiv7374_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 02:49:19 GMT

> > I have several database instances running on the local machine. When
> > loggin into slq*plus, I could log into one instance without specifying
> > Host_String. anybody know how to let Sql*plus to display the instance
> > name in which it is currently connected.

ok you are asking for the instance name specifically, you could do a select * from v$instance;
this will tell you which instance you are connected to.

however I would like to make a distinction between the instance and a database, if it is the database name you want then you can access the v$database.

Rajiv Gangadharan Received on Fri Sep 28 2001 - 04:49:19 CEST

Original text of this message