Re: mass change to forms

From: Matt B. <gtimatt_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 23:41:20 GMT

"Richard Senior" <richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:9nv687$806$3_at_gate.local...
> In article <9ntnom$fp6n$1_at_news3.infoave.net>,
> "Chris Boyle" <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com> writes:
>
> > We have a large number of forms we want to change the font on. Is there
an
> > easier method than opening each form, selecting all the objects, LOVs, etc.
> > that we could use? Our estimate is 5 programmers at 6-10 hours will be
> > required for this and we would like to reduce the time and people needed.
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> There used to be a text format (.fmt) of Forms modules that you could do
> mass updates on but in the later versions I don't think saving as .fmt is
> available.

I'm running 6.0.5.33 at work and the .fmt is still available and you can generate the .fmb from it. You can probably create a script to generate the .fmts of all your forms if you get a little creative with it. I think you can use the if60gen (f60gen on UNIX) executable to do it from the command line or DOS prompt, and it might even go both ways (from .fmt to .fmb). So, this way you can mass-produce your .fmts, change them (especially if you're on UNIX and you can use sed or something like that), and then convert them back.

-Matt Received on Sun Sep 16 2001 - 01:41:20 CEST

Original text of this message