Re: mass change to forms

From: Richard Senior <richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk>
Date: 15 Sep 2001 09:15:51 GMT

[Quoted] In article <9ntnom$fp6n$1_at_news3.infoave.net>,

        "Chris Boyle" <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com> writes:

> We have a large number of forms we want to change the font on. Is there an
> easier method than opening each form, selecting all the objects, LOVs, etc.
> that we could use? Our estimate is 5 programmers at 6-10 hours will be
> required for this and we would like to reduce the time and people needed.
> Thanks for your help.

There used to be a text format (.fmt) of Forms modules that you could do mass updates on but in the later versions I don't think saving as .fmt is available. Oracle may also reserve the right not to support you if you fiddle around with the files.

You may not be able to reduce the time and people needed this time, but prepare for the next time and make the changes using visual attributes/property classes subclassed from a library form or object library.

--
Regards,

Richard