Reports 10060 Connection Timeout

From: Alex McBeth <alex.mcbeth_at_mercia.com>
Date: 12 Sep 2001 04:00:07 -0700

Reports - 10060 Connection Timeout

We are running Oracle Reports 6i with ias with clients connecting through IE5. A typical report will take 3 minutes to run, some clients can run the report with no problems although some clients encounter a 10060 Connection Timeout message (with similar machine specifications).

The only documentation I can find recommends that I change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ReceiveTimeout value in the registry of the client. I have amended this to 3600000 (time-out of an hour). This has no effect on the time-out message at all.

Does anyone know what I need to change to prevent these timeouts? Is a reports server issue, an ias issue or a client machine issue? Received on Wed Sep 12 2001 - 13:00:07 CEST

Original text of this message