Pipeline Database Technology Newsletter, September 2001

From: Cam White <nospam_at_newsranger.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:00:26 GMT

The Pipeline Database Technology Newsletter is a free monthly e-magazine published by Quest Software - RevealNet Labs. Every month, we will publish useful scripts, articles and tips authored by Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server professionals around the world. Click below to access the September issue.

http://www.revealnet.com/newsletter-v2/newsletter_0901.htm

INSIDE THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE: ORACLE TECHNOLOGY

  • Free Script: "Retrieve a Web Page into a CLOB Field", by Les Smith
  • "Developing an Oracle Backup Strategy", by Vijayabaskar Srinivasan
  • "Installing Oracle 9i on Linux", by Tom Scott & Michael J. Ross
  • Free Book Offers: "Oracle DBA Checklists", "PL/SQL Pocket Reference"
  • "Oracle 9i Cursor Sharing", by Szabo Imre
  • Oracle DBA Tip of the Month: "Automating Log File Deletion"
  • Oracle PL/SQL Tip of the Month: "Designing a 2-Level Tab Canvas Form"
  • Discussion of the Month: "Table and Index Resizing" (2 scripts included)
  • RevealNet Receives "5-Star" product review on www.orafaq.com

DB2 TECHNOLOGY

  • "Performance Monitoring for DB2 UDB", by Joshua Steffan, Quest Software
  • DB2 Tip of the Month: "Stopping a DB2 Subsystem", by Lee Hayden

SQL SERVER TECHNOLOGY

  • "T-SQL Coding Standards", sample topic from RevealNet for SQL Server Development
  • Tip of the Month: "Clearing SQL Server's Procedure Cache", Neil Pike

HUMOR: "Real Life Dilbert-isms"

The Pipeline Newsletter is Quest Software - RevealNet Lab's monthly newsletter for database professionals. Our goal is to deliver amazing value, and we encourage your feedback to help make this newsletter the best of its kind.

Best wishes,

Cam White
Quest Software - RevealNet Labs Received on Mon Sep 10 2001 - 14:00:26 CEST

Original text of this message