Re: Diagram tool

From: Richard Senior <richard_at_r-senior.demon.co.uk>
Date: 25 Aug 2001 07:52:24 GMT

[Quoted] In article <9m5jqg$p4f$1_at_venus.telepac.pt>,

[Quoted]         "Clara" <claramag_at_yahoo.com> writes:

> Thomas Saxtoft <tsaxtoft_at_sondagsavisen.dk> wrote in message

>> I'm working on a project, where nobody has made a diagram of the tables in
>> the database. I would like a diagram which shows the tables, their columns
>> and the dependencies (foreign keys).
>>
>> Does there exist a program who look in the database and make that diagram?

[Quoted] > You can use VISIO Drawing 5 (It's not a Oracle Tool but it works fine)

[Quoted] Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a drawing tool. It does not look into the database and create a diagram based on the objects and relationships. Nor does it provide any mechanism to output create object scripts if you make changes to the structure in the diagram.

[Quoted] Oracle Designer does both of these things (and more) but it is expensive. I believe there are other tools around that do a similar, if less comprehensive job.

--
Regards,

Richard