How to merge 2 XML streams together?

From: Terri I. <teresni_at_ucia.gov>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 07:52:20 -0700

[Quoted] I need to generate an XML stream to send to another server. The output will consist of a number of rows from 2 different tables. Depending on the table the row came from, the XML needs to be formatted somewhat differently. However, I need to send all of the output as 1 continuous XML stream, with all of the output from table 1 together followed by the output from the second table. I am trying to use Oracle's XSQL servlet to generate the XML and then use an XSL file to format appropriately. Is there a way for me to 'merge' XML streams together in 1 XML stream??
(for example,
<request type = "1">
<query>select * from table1</query>
<querydate>08/20/2001</querydate>